· Execute the production plan to achieve at least 90% schedule attainment annually.
· Participate in the production planning meeting, to ensure the plan is achievable at lowest cost.
· Schedule associates so that the plan is executed flawlessly.
· Ensure ongoing communication via email and Whatsapp regarding line breakdowns, associate issues, and quality issues. This during the week, day or night, and weekends.
· Update the daily achievement on the “manufacturing results” spreadsheet. Ensure the total accuracy of batches made, waste and cases packed.
· Attend to associate management which includes recruitment, performance
management, disciplinary action, succession planning as well as training and
· Departmental managers must actively control their Jarrison assignments, and authorise or decline overtime daily. Shift changes must be actioned immediately. Each associate signs off their monthly overtime summary, so that they know exactly how much will be paid. There is not one single query or incorrect payment for the month. Overtime sheets will be printed for checking by the 3rd of the month following the overtime period, and overtime submitted to payroll by the 10th.
· Liaise with payroll regarding any termination of contracts, overtime, time and attendance and any other payroll related information.
· Ensure all leave procedures are complied with, in line with the ESS on-line system.
· Ensure that all associates in the department have acquired skills.
· Direct the activities of the first Line Leaders and Team Leaders in order to achieve the required production targets and hygiene levels.
· Foster an environment of high quality teamwork in the division and between departments – especially engineering team.
· All associates shall have responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified associate(s). Designated associates shall have defined responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
· Produce product that is perfectly safe, and within the product parameters as described in the product specification sheet (PSS) – these are all available in the QC lab.
· Drive the floor (8 min) meetings with the teams, which are to be managed by the first line leader, and the problem solving boards.
· Attend the managers meeting with the problem summaries from the morning meetings each day.
· Foster a problem-solving mindset, driving root cause analysis for all major problems.
· Take ownership of the communication board on your area of accountability, and ensure it is updated DAILY.
· Drive a 6S mind-set within your teams. Help to drive the 6S initiatives in your areas.
· Suggest capital improvements to drive down waste and improve efficiency.
· Deliver on the annual performance and operating plan and its initiatives.
· Achieve the targets of Waste, Total yield, schedule attainment, perfect pay check, and reduced kilograms per labour hour.
· Assist in driving projects, changing and improving plant processes so that SAP is updated frequently with accurate data.
Education and Experience
· 5 – 7 years FMCG experience
· National Diploma, B. Tech in a technical field will be an advantage
· Trade Test would be an advantage
· Tertiary qualification in Production/Operations Management or equivalent unless technically qualified as stated above
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Solid grasp of manufacturing processes and systems.
· Proficient using MS Office