· Manages day-to-day distribution operations.
· Ensures policies and procedures are in place to maintain condition of the distribution fleet within agreed cost structures.
· Establishes performance standards for all carriers consistent with overall department and company business objectives.
· Select carriers, negotiates rates and monitors carriers’ performance in conjunction with the Vice President Supply Chain.
· Manages freight payment operations.
· Monitors transportation cost performance.
· Lead and direct associates, train, evaluate, motivate & develop. Identify associate development needs.
· Manages and controls raw material warehouses to applicable GMP and food safety standards.
· Manages and controls the performance of the 3PL finished goods warehouse
· Establish procedures and systems to identify, analyze, and implement logistics solutions and overall cost reductions/margin improvement
· Manage relationships with 3rd party distributors.
· Negotiate with primary suppliers, ocean carriers, freight forwarders and warehouses.
· Develop, track and continually improve on key performance metrics.
· Customer satisfaction for processing of all sales orders for subsidiaries, joint venture partners and export customers.
· Active collaboration in the management of day-to-day international business.
· Identify gaps and propose solutions to effectively manage the improvement of our processes, efficiencies and overall supply chain.
· Support ongoing subsidiary growth needs.
Experience & Education
· 4 year degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant tertiary qualification.
· MBA desirable
· Minimum 5-7 years in supply chain management
· Knowledge of imports, exports, freight and distribution systems, inventory management, demand and supply planning
· Negotiation experience
· Effective communicator
· Knowledge of sales & operations planning (Oliver Wight Plus)
· ERP/MRP systems (SAP, QAD, ACCPAC, BATCHMASTER PLUS)
· Ability to lead and manage teams (management experience required)
· Knowledge of cultural nuances
· Project Management experience is a plus
· 10% travel required