- Ensure that products costs are allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance with financial accounting standards.
- Oversee the cost control systems, manage and interprets cost audits, and prepare cost accounting reports for presentation to management.
- Develop direct and indirect standard costs by product for materials, labor and mfg. overhead in order to compare between actual and budget.
- Review and prepare timely and pertinent cost variance reports and make recommendations or take action on items as needed
- Collaborate with operational management to improve controls, accuracy and quality of mfg. costs and resolve extraordinary variances.
- Review reporting on inventory variances associated with production (incl. Engineering, RM, FG and sub-contracting).
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for new and/or existing products on request.
- Contribute pertinent cost analysis information associated with the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee the control system, manage the following aspects relating to Regional distribution:
- Stock and hand reporting
- Balance and report on Sales
- Credit note responsibility
- Managing od Regional orders
- Liaise with Distributor
- General reporting in respect of Regions as per above to RSM’s, Sales Managers, and finance
Management & Ad-hoc
- Manage subordinate associates in the day-to-day performance of their roles.
- Ensure a participative team environment within the department in setting objectives, motivating and coaching of associates.
- Conduct performance appraisals that is in line with the Company Performance and Development Process.
- Assist with training, development and well-being of associates placed under your jurisdiction
- Assist in financial modelling of capital appropriations as required by the business.
- Cost and accounting system enhancement through implementation and maintaining associated accounting and reporting systems, which enable the department to obtain and distribute information that is relevant and accurate and can assist the business in making future business decision.
- Meet accounting and other reporting deadlines, ensure accuracy of information and system integrity and coach associates and others to ensure internal business controls as these are inter-dependent and impact others/business.
- Maintain a state of appropriate Internal Controls as well as compliance thereof, consequently developing an improved control environment and minimizing business risk
- Ad-hoc project as required by the business.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Senior level accounting experience in a manufacturing and corporate environment (5 years FMCG proven)
- Knowledge of GAAP and ethical standards associated with confidential and fiduciary responsibilities
- 3 years Managerial experience
- At least 5 years Cost Accounting experience is preferable.
- Strong Reconciliation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate, Knowledge of MS Office Packages (Outlook and Excel)
- SAP experience essential