· To ensure that customers are telephoned to produce orders.
· To ensure that orders are received and co-ordinated.
· To promote, sell and market the Rich Product Range of frozen non-dairy and bakery products, by explaining features, advantages and benefits to customers.
· To liaise with Customer Service Associates in order to ensure the availability of products on order.
· To update listed products of customers to ensure the correctness of features, ranges and prices.
· To achieve agreed-upon sales targets.
· To report to the Vice President Sales on customers, market trends, activities of the opposition and new opportunities for our business.
· To organize training sessions for new customers with regards to product handling, merchandising techniques and product innovation.
· To assist with Trade Shows when requested to do so.
· To ensure update of stock by regular rotation:- “first-in-first-out” principle.
· To ensure the physical layout of the Warehouse, storage, stacking and packaging of Rich’s products are according to standards set to prevent goods damage of any nature.
· To ensure stock-levels are within authorized parameters.
· To prepare and revise sales budgets in conjunction with the Vice President Sales of the company.
· To ensure that pre-set and agreed-upon sales budgets are met within the agreed time frame.
· To operate the Regional Sales Division within the pre-set operating budget parameters.
· To be responsible for conducting strategic and forward planning for the Regional Sales Division to ensure constant competitive advantage.
· To establish and foster good relations with all customers
· To determine market needs with respect to the Company’s present and future intended product range.
· In conjunction with the Training Division, to formulate training courses for all customers and Sales Associates in the Region.
· To see to recruitment of all Regional Sales and Technical Sales Associates and preparing a Letter of Appointment in conjunction with the Human Resources Division.
· Responsible for training and re-training, in conjunction with the Training Division, all Sales Associates in the methods of the Company.
· To provide constant support to all Sales Associates by regular field visits.
· To ensure constant motivation of all Sales Associates at a high level.
· To conduct a constant evaluation of all Sales Associate performance levels in conjunction with the Administration Division.
· To be responsible for determining and maintaining an acceptable dress code for all Sales Associates
· To develop and ensure the effectiveness of the Regional Sales Team.
· To control the movement of all Sales Associates via the completion of Call Reports.
· To control the motor vehicles of the Sales Division and constantly monitoring their operating costs.
· Assist the Debtors Department in collection of outstanding payments by customers.
· To implement and uphold the Performance Management System.
· To be able to execute these duties you will have to:
- Convey knowledge and understanding of our products, their features and advantages to our customers.
- Know the full product range and their prices.
- Know ordering procedures, delivery routes and days.
- Know the Company’s advertising and promotion policies.
- Know and understand the customer’s mission and goals.
Education and Experience
· Relevant tertiary education will be an advantage
· Computer literate
· FMCG experience – minimum 8 years
· Management of sales team
· Must have managed a regional sales portfolio before